Thursday, November 22, 2007

Welcome to the blog!

Yes, I finally got around to setting it up and hope to post regularly about our journey to parenthood and eventually (hopefully) our adventures in parenting. This is mostly for friends and family to be able to keep updated on what we are doing but anyone is welcome to read. :) Taylor and I are so excited about becoming parents and get more and more excited everyday...although we also admit to moments of terror. When I started my new job we decided to give ourselves six months (which will be March 2008) to see how the job goes and to work on a list we generated of things we wanted to do both to prepare ourselves and my body for pregnancy. We planned a budget, started couples counseling, found a doctor to do the insemination, switched insurance, changed our diet, started getting rid of toxins in our environment, and of course started reviewing profiles of sperm donors from the bank we have chosen (don't worry I will have a whole post about the fun of that!). We certainly realize the challenges that we face as a queer couple bringing a child into the world and into our lives but more importantly we realize the love we have to give and the joy that we feel when thinking about expanding our family. Much love to you all! Megan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the blog, and with everything else. Hope to follow your adventures here, as well as meet some friends.

Much love.

Papa

Anonymous said...

You are two incredible individuals who will make wonderful parents! I briefly studied but never managed to pick a favorite from that amazing variety of donors you selected! (I'm rather partial to another list!) We wish you nothing but absolute success on this great adventure and much happiness from it's outcome! Hugs, John and Karen

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh, fun, a blog!!

I have no doubt that you will both be fabulous parents.....And we are VERY excited to welcome a little niece or nephew into the world.

Jessica and Travis (and Brinsley and Brooklynn who will welcome more little ones to play with)

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo excited for you guys, you'll make awesome parents!. I love your picture. Thank you for keeping us updated, I look forward to reading more. Best of luck.

Love,
Brian, Ev, and the 3 C's

Anonymous said...

You two rock! Alison and I obviously will look at you two for advice when we start this process 4 years from now..haha. I"m so excited to have a baby to sit for and then give back when he/she starts crying..:-)
Meg