Saturday, April 18, 2009

April update

I know, I know…no guilt or I won’t post at all! Here is an update on us (remember that even when we don’t write the pictures on the left get updated).

*Breastfeeding is still going really well although we discovered (luckily before daycare started) that I have this lipase enzyme in my milk (doesn’t hurt the milk or the baby) that makes the milk taste soapy after awhile and therefore it does not last as long as milk without this enzyme. Basically I have to scald my milk which gets rid of some of the immunological properties but allows for longer storage. She gets a bottle of scalded and fresh milk for the morning; I feed her at lunch, and then the fresh milk I pumped in the morning for the afternoon. She transitioned to the bottle really well for the daycare folks (Rosa is fabulous!) but still doesn’t like taking a bottle from her Zaza or obviously me.

*Daycare has been working out really well. She goes M/W/F and the people there are really nice. The babies seem happy and the other parents I have talked to, some with older kids as well are very pleased with the program. I wish we didn’t have to pay so much money but it is worth it to have her in such a good place.

*Quinn is a smiley wonderful baby. For the most part she is mellow except when her basic needs (sleep, food, pooping) aren’t met.

*We started transitioning her to her crib last week which has been a struggle but not as bad as we thought it would be…last night was the worst so writing that was hard! She had been in the bed with us and then in the bassinet but she outgrew it. Plus, we discovered that she and I sleep much better apart as much as I want to snuggle. Taylor can sleep through anything so she doesn’t count.

I am sure there is so much more but I want to make sure this gets posted.

Love to all!

1 comment:

Adrien Paul Taylor said...

Make those transitions are HARD on everyone, just remember that YOU are in charge, not her and that some crying will bother you a lot more than it will her. So easy to speak thusly when I'm not the one going through it!

Beautiful, sunny and nearly hot weather here. Got the window boxes for the kitch window planted this afternoon; and, Mama got the first feeding of the lawn done this morning. We signed up for the Zamzow's lawn program - an almost year long plan of applying their own "developed for this area" care program of stuff that is supposed to be safe for kids, pets and wildlife and turn your lawn into some sort of miracle super area that is easy care area that lasts and lasts. The grass here is the best we've ever had so I'm controlling my impulse to rip it all out for native plant plantings.

Be good and treat my grandbaby with the care and devotion she deserves!

Love you.
Papa