Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Appointments

It was a week of appointments. I had a brief physical, pap smear, pelvic exam, and blood work (thyroid, CBC, cholesterol, rubella immunity, etc.) through my insurance primary care provider. Then we had a two hour counseling session, we do two hours every two weeks. I felt like we covered a lot of issues which was fabulous. I had my second (and since then my third) acupuncture appointment and then we had our first real appointment with our naturopath who will be doing the insemination. I don't know if I have posted about this but we are working with a naturopath who is going to do IUI (intrauterine insemination) at our home and also do some guided visualization exercises for relaxation and fertility. I had a full physical and medical health history and am to go in next month to have a vaginal exam so that she knows what my cervix looks like for the actual insemination. Good Times. Actually, it was rather exciting!! Having all of this done makes me feel like we are on our way. I wish that we could plan to start next month but work...in this case a conference...prevails. All the tests looked good (cholesterol is a little high but that is normal for me and not diet related apparently) and all the doctors/providers see no reason why I shouldn't be able to get pregnant which was reassuring. Now I just have to remember to relax. :)

No comments: