Monday, August 18, 2008

Halfway there!



Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

I promised a picture so here you go!! You will just have to imagine the banana. This week the e-mail update tried to tell me that I have gained about 10 lbs....HA HA HA...bastards...I'm sure that they meant 10 lbs in just my boobs b/c that would be a little more accurate.

We are well on our way to owning our own home. We had an inspection of the house last Thursday and it went really well, we are just waiting for the mortgage appraisal..and then I assume there is more paper signing. Good times! We also had a prenatal appointment on Thursday which was good; the heartbeat was strong and we are having an ultrasound next week to check amniotic fluid, position, etc. and yes, we are holding firm to our decision to NOT find out the sex.

I think I might have felt the baby move this weekend but am not 100% yet...it is low in the uterus and apparently the sharp pains that shoot through my vagina are the result of it hitting my nerve endings...but in addition to that funness I really think I might have felt it move. It is supposed to feel like bubbles, popcorn, butterfly wings or gas (or all of the above) or so people tell me. So I felt it move or I had more gas brewing...side benefit of pregnancy is that it is hard to know the difference! Not to downplay our excitement about feeling the little one b/c you know we are ecstatic. More updates as they come...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohhhh....your new dress! It looks amazing! Good choice : )

Jessica

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting a picture! General is very exciting to meet you both and to see your pregnant belly. "pregnant" is one of his new favorite words so i hope you are prepared!

Adrien Paul Taylor said...

Well, I STILL don't see that there's much of a belly - compared to mine, anyway.

Papa

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the house! Wow! I am so envious. :) Even in today's market we are not even close down here in the bay area...grr. Anyway, loved to catch up with all you & Taylor & baby's doings. I also had a few weird reactions to us not finding out Kiely's sex beforehand. One woman told me I should really find out because it would help me "bond" with the baby! Y'all are awesome, keep up the news! :)

Love,
Sarah, Eric & Kiely

Anonymous said...

Aww, Meg you look great!


--joy

Anonymous said...

Megan,
Your dress is great! I am so excited to come over and hang out in your new house. Keep in touch.

Cheers,
Ingrid

Unknown said...

You look so cute. I really wanted a picture with you preggers. The tummy looks great on you. :-)

Ev