Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Heart



Here is the newest (and last) picture of the baby inside. Taylor thinks the lips are gigantic! We had an ultrasound to make sure the echogenic foci thing had gone away and it had. :) So the heart and the rest of the baby looks great. They estimated the weight to be 4 lbs 3oz or so which is right on schedule (apparently it is a pineapple this week). Fetal movement is good...the baby moves a lot and loves to stick an appendage (I am guessing foot) in my right lung/rib area so that I have to shove it back down in order to breathe. I had an on again off again backache last week but the chiropractor helped (she is fabulous; Dr. Michelle Gerbi--she practices at Zenana Spa and I highly recommend her. She specializes in pregnant mama's). Taking walks and the massage I got at our prenatal visit on Friday also helped.

The prenatal went well although I was acting like a grumpy 4 year old...if I do not eat on time lately I completely emotionally shut down...not a pretty sight. I am starting to think about when to end my time at work and am filling out the required paperwork. I have to discuss it with my boss but should have that planned out soon. The next prenatal visit they come to the house (we have to make sure that we have our "bags" packed and ready for inspection--a bag for us/me and the baby for when we got to the birth center). We are excited because Taylor's mother will be able to be here for that visit.

We are getting to the end of the Intro to Queer Studies class we are teaching which is good as I am exhausted by the end of the night (3 hours one night a week) but sad because I think we will miss the students who are great and can be inspiring with their energy. I am really glad we did this even though it was not part of the pregnancy plan.

We have 5-7+ weeks to go and we are trying not to panic as we still have the house to finish unpacking/setting up. We made some progress this weekend and I hope that continues. All the boxes are gone now it just needs to be arranged. Sigh. Wish us luck! Also, thanks to all of you who went to the rallies all over the country to support marriage equality and protest the passing of proposition 8 in CA. We weren't able to make it to the one here but some of you called or sent pictures of your city/states rally and we were really excited to see the energy around this.

Much love,

Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! thanks for posting the most recent pic. you know this baby is going to have one sweet historical record, with prenatal parental excitement via blog. how cool is that?! you are both going to be such great parents. i can't wait to visit again! maybe you have a little soccer player in there with the kicks. general would love a soccer buddy!