Sunday, January 4, 2009

Due Date...yeah right!

It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. The biggest part of your baby's body is her head, but her still-pliable skull will give it the flexibility necessary to squeeze through the birth canal. Many parents are surprised by how long and sharp their newborn's nails are from the get-go. Clipping them right away (ask a nurse for help) can prevent your baby from scratching her face.

Hi all...just an update (on the due date) that the baby is still inside. I have been feeling pretty awful this week...fluish, headachy, tired etc. which has not been fun for anyone. I started some accupuncture induction treatment on Friday and have been three times so I hope that will do something. We have a midwife, an accupuncture, and a chiropractic appointment tomorrow so maybe I will start feeling better. Just wanted to let everyone know we are still waiting and we apologize for the lack of phone calls and e-mails, we are in hibernation mode but we are getting all of your messages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hibernate away Megan! If I were you, I most likely would have been hibernating for the past 9 months :) Thanks for the update, I've been wondering about you all. General keeps asking if the baby will arrive before his birthday!

Rachael said...

Uh, if you look at the birthdates in our family we all arrived after mom spent a day on all fours hand-swabbing-down the kitchen floors after someone else's birthday. My birthday...then two days later my brother is born (almost in the parking lot of the hospital...). Mom's birthday, then the next day the other brother! Get down and scrub, honey! I guess you could do cat stretches, too, but you won't have a clean floor.