Monday, December 29, 2008

Come out baby!

We had a midwife appointment today (I was so happy to get out of the house!!) that went really well. I am 2-3 centimeters dilated and still 50%+ effaced with a very soft cervix. This is very good, in case clarification is needed, although it doesn't mean very much...I could have the baby tonight or next week! Please, please let it be before next week. I am pretty big and pretty uncomfortable although I am not as anxious as Taylor is...she is VERY ready for the baby to come, especially as she is on family leave starting this week. The baby has dropped down really well although not in the optimal position; I am to spend some time on all fours (no comments needed) to try and get it to flip around. Unfortunately, my acupuncturist is out of town until Monday...damn her for having a life as that could speed it along. I will be stalking her if this baby is still inside on Monday. Our main midwife is also out of town but we have two others and a back up midwife (to complete the team of 3 midwives) that we feel really comfortable with. We are finishing up some home improvement/nursery tasks and catching up on dinners with friends until the baby comes to keep ourselves busy this week!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't forget to go to a movie and a NICE dinner too! Although you might not feel like it, it will be much appreciated later when you have a little one who impedes such plans!

Not that I am speaking from experience or anything!

Jessica

Unknown said...

Maybe you'll have a New Year's baby! :) And I second the motion on going out to a movie and a nice dinner!!

~Jen

momissa said...

Maybe you're having the baby as I'm typing this...hehehe. I'm doing a belated Oregon visit this week and will be in Portland next weekend (10-11) to bring your extremely belated baby gift. I hope you'll be up for company. If not, I'll gift and go. :)