Monday, December 15, 2008

37 weeks...here we go

Hi all,

I am officially 37 weeks as of yesterday! That means that anytime between now and 42 weeks we are ready for baby (theoretically). Although Taylor keeps chanting December 30th to the baby. We are having some crazy weather...crazy for Oregon as we have snow and ice and I couldn't make it to work today. We went to the holiday party for my company on Saturday at the Governor Hotel and got a room for the night. Since we didn't have a chance to go anywhere before the baby comes we thought it would be a fun treat. It was really nice (Taylor had 7 drinks)...both the room and the party. Fabulous food, a magician, great people, and great people telling me how wonderful I look. This was probably a lie but I think wearing black helped me look less gigantic. Also, I had nudie pregnant pictures taken earlier in the day so I was feeling kinda pretty. Yesterday morning we were lucky in that we got one of the last buses out of downtown Portland before our route was turned back. We had to hike home but had fun doing it. We also had the car seat installed by a semi nice police officer at a car seat clinic (highly recommend this) so we felt very productive.

My prenatal visit last Thursday went well; the baby is head down and I am 50% effaced which means that the menstrual like cramps that I have from 2 a.m. on are actually doing some good. The big fear now is that I will go into labor and we will not be able to get anywhere due to weather. We expect more snow later this week. Think happy thoughts that the baby can wait.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So....the name poll will only let me post one vote (do I get a vote each day, or only one total??) We all wanted to vote, but I let Brinsley vote first and now it won't let the rest of us weigh in : (

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Megan and Taylor! Rachel told me about your blog. It's great. Please call or write us. I will always remember how you were there for me, Megan, almost exactly ten years ago. All the very best to all three of you. Lynn and Nathalie