Monday, May 12, 2008

Scary Mother's Day

Not so good news for our "first" mother's day. I started having some spotting yesterday around noon and it increased and became red by the evening. I spoke to some phone nurses and my boss, the former suggesting I go see a doctor (on Sunday this translates to the emergency room) and the latter suggesting that I wait until today so I could have an ultrasound done at work. We decided to wait but I woke up at 2:30 a.m. with more cramping and I was passing some tissue. We went to the emergency room at that point convinced that the pregnancy was over. Taylor was very good about processing her emotions (crying, being supportive etc.) while I seemed (and still have) to have turned off my emotions altogether. We spent three hours in the emergency room and the ultrasound showed good things: there was still a baby, in the correct location, with appropriate growth, and most importantly a heartbeat. Apparently I had what is called a subchorionic hemorrhage which does not mean that this pregnancy can't continue; a lot of pregnancies do but did seem to suggest that it might mean a higher chance something might be of concern. We are just really tired and trying to be cautiously optimistic. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweetheart, I am so very sorry. I hope you're feeling okay, today.
lots of love

ABLynch said...

I can't imagine how scary that must be or how you must be feeling, but know that I am sending you a big 'ole virutal hug all the way across the country!