Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ultrasound #2

Just a quick note to give you all an update. We had a second ultrasound done on Friday, the ultrasound technician wasn't really allowed to tell us what he saw except that the baby looked fine and that the heart rate was 128 (which is good, we wanted it to be over 100). Also the growth rate from Monday to Friday looked good. Our midwife got called into a birth Friday night and left us a voicemail at 10:30 p.m. as the results had come in (can I mention how much I love that she would do that!) and we got the message yesterday that the hematoma has shrunk which is great news. I also stopped bleeding on Wednesday/Thursday. We have our first prenatal appointment on Tuesday and I will have more information then on what this means etc. We also go the first picture of the peanut which I will try and scan in soon. This is a big relief although still a little stress as this does put me into a "higher risk" category for some things. Thanks again for all of your support, e-mails, kind thoughts, and love. We appreciate it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Whew! Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you two. It's scary, I know, but these things happen. Try not to psych yourselves out about that "higher risk category" thing. So was I, and it turned out that both my pregnancy and Kiely were absolutely normal in every way! Take heart, and go team Megan & Taylor! We love ya! :)