Sunday, March 16, 2008

The mind plays tricks...on my boobs!

As some of you know I am somewhat high anxiety in general but you may not know that I have a tendency for psychosomatic illness. Like when I read about some condition online I tend to start seeing the symptoms in myself or Taylor. This is why I am rarely "allowed" to look up symptoms we really do have lest I convince myself we have some kind of plague. So it isn't so surprising that I am doing that now when I have another week or so to wait until we find out if we are pregnant. For example our friend Hillary mentioned that one of the ways that she knew she was pregnant with her son was a lot of breast tenderness. I had had a little soreness prior to that but of course the next day they were significantly more sore. Taylor was pointing out that they could just be sore because I had been poking them to see if they were sore...valid albeit annoying point. I am trying to keep in mind that even if fertilization occurred last week it does not mean that implantation has or will occur...and there is nothing I can do about any of it aside from trying to control the impulse to look up information that is not going to be helpful! :)

We hibernated for most of last week as the first part of the week was emotionally stressful for us both and in addition had been somewhat physically stressful for me. On Friday though, we had a mellow night with our friends Hillary and Ian and their little boy Jude (who is so adorable that he would make most people want to have a baby!). We were extra social this weekend and went out of town to visit our friends Becky and Garren and their fabulously self confident daughter Erica. We relaxed in their newly remodeled house and watched a somewhat disturbing romantic comedy. We usually attend a Sunday night party to watch the L word but as we were late getting home after stopping to visit family we decided to stay home and be calm. My goal lately is to try to breathe and be calm. Less stress=increased fertility and healthier environment for the potential baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I felt that way in Sept. Sadly for me, nothing came of it. Do you plan on sharing with everyone right away when you do get pregnant or are you going to try to pull off that whole wait 3 months thing?
-Jill

Megan and Taylor said...

No, we will share either way, if we aren't pregnant we will be sad and won't really be good at hiding it...plus you would probably notice if we stopped posting about trying to get pregnant!