Monday, March 10, 2008

Think Fertilization

I had a positive test this morning and we did an insemination this evening and plan another one for 8 tomorrow morning!! Our doctor was unable to get through the inner os but did put sperm in so it is what it is at this point. I am disappointed about not getting all the way in but trying not to be...apparently my cervix points down (damn cervix) and while the outer os was wide open the inner had some issues. We will see what happens tomorrow and really it just takes one getting to the egg, right?. Dr. Hanaway was great and talked me through all the uncomfy parts, we played music that Taylor had compiled, Taylor thawed the sperm and held my hand through the whole thing, we also did a visualization afterwards led by the doctor that was really nice and relaxing. I am having a little cramping and a little bleeding and am just trying to take it easy. Taylor had her first night of class tonight and had to be a little late but I was so glad she stayed. As I am tired, emotional, and crampy that is all for tonight. Thanks for all the good wishes and love! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely thinking of you both and am so excited for you! -april

Anonymous said...

Putting it out there into the universe always counts for something. You guys are in my thoughts and I am thinking baby, baby, baby!

Sarah said...

Will send the positive impregnating vibes your way this week :) Hope you are doing better once the cramps stopped.
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Omigod you have sperm inside you! I know you are ready for the role of motherhood by just withstanding the impregnating part- sans the dude who smells like beer, wants a 'free ride' & then never calls you ever again. All joking aside, I'm really proud of you both for making such a dedicated commitment to become parents. So go spermy, Go!!
Love, Alisyn :)