Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting is torture...

As several people have pointed out one of the most annoying things about waiting to find out if you are pregnant is that most of the early pregnancy signs are pre-menstrual signs as well. I have had odd side pains since insemination, a day and a half of dizziness, and the ever annoying sore breasts. I don't know if I feel pregnant because I have no idea what that would feel like but I do think that I might be. Taylor is much more cautious and says "there is no reason to think you aren't pregnant." Which basically means she doesn't want to get her hopes up just in case. Probably the smart thing to do but I am very hopeful!

On Tuesday we were on a panel about lesbians having babies (technically Taylor identifies as queer but she was cool with it) for the Forest Grove PFLAG group. It was us and another couple who have an adorable 3 month old baby who smiled at me...Taylor says this is a sign that he was recognizing that I am pregnant but we will see. It was so interesting to talk about our process and listen to another couple describe their process. It is really empowering to realize that we do have some control over all of this in the way we address things, the decisions we make, and the pride we take in ourselves, our friends/family, and community. I would like to think everyone at the Forest Grove PFLAG group for making us feel so welcome.

No comments: