Saturday, March 1, 2008

Faux Marriage and then the Baby Carriage

So I forgot to mention that we registered for the Oregon state domestic partnership. Or as we like to say we got "faux married" this week. Before all of the sickness occurred we had our friend Ingrid, who is a notary, sign our papers for us and then we had a fabulous dinner with her and our friends Mike and Alisyn at a vegan restaurant. We didn't get a chance to file until Tuesday before going to see our lawyer to finalize our estate planning. At this point we are all set legally as a couple which is nice and the opportunity to have a state partnership is great too but I have to admit to a lack of excitement about the registration process. We have registered so many places now that it has lost any real feeling of accomplishment or celebration. I save that for when we can actually have federal rights. I don't mean to sound whiny and ungrateful for all the wonderful work that has gone into securing these new domestic partnership rights because I am grateful. I just would love to be able to be legally married. Anything else starts to seem like an insult after awhile.

In terms of the babymaking the sperm is set to arrive in Oregon on 3/8. This is Day 14 of my cycle. I have not ovulated this early before but have had a positive test (which indicates ovulation with occur within 24-36 hours) on Day 15 and more frequently on Days 17 and 18...so we will just see. Thank goodness the tank is good for seven days! When I have positive test (testing in the early afternoon) the plan is to call our doctor and she will come to the house and do an insemination that night and the following day/night. Then we can do a pregnancy test in 12-14 days. If I am pregnant, yay!!! If not, I will get my period and try again in approximately 2 more weeks.

It is getting so close now. :)

No comments: