Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Staying in the moment

I apologize for not posting recently, I have to admit to a little sadness over the failed insemination attempt but I think that we have rallied well. I had a "pity party" day and then got back in the mindset of getting ready for the second try which will most likely occur at the end of next week.

FYI I am a planner and a control freak so letting that go and trying to accept what is...that the average number of attempts seems to be around 3, that I can't wish myself pregnant, that everything will happen when it should happen and how it should happen is hard for me. Taylor is much more laid back (or seems to be, sometimes I can't tell if she is laid back or just expending too much energy dealing with my big feelings she forgets to pay attention to her own). I, of course, have already identified the best day care options for us, birthing classes, birth centers etc. and am ready (overly ready) to go. Through accupuncture, counseling, and reading I am trying to learn to stay in the moment, remember to breathe, and not get too stressed. Which is not easy when I have been waiting for this time in our lives for years. However, I really feel blessed to have the friends and family that we have and not just the people close to us but those of you who read this blog that haven't met us or are friends of our friends/family. I have meet two people in the last two weeks who have gotten the blog address through people who know us and who were so sweet and supportive (hi to Stacey and Pamela!). I often write on here not even thinking of who reads it, hence the barely articulate postings, but feels so wonderful to know that there is such positive energy and support from all of you. Thank you!

I would like to harness some of that energy and ask you to send healing, healthy thoughts/wishes/prayers to Papa (Taylor's father) as he goes in for surgery tomorrow. We will be thinking of him and hope that you can take a moment to keep him in your thoughts too.

No comments: