Monday, April 28, 2008

Numbers don't lie

Sorry for the lack of posting, Taylor went out of town to visit her parents in Boise so I had a quiet weekend to myself. I still have to keep reminding myself that I am pregnant. It doesn't seem real at all. I had some cramping over the weekend which I got a little worried about but apparently it is quite normal...it is that whole thing of early pregnancy symptoms and pre-menstrual symptoms being pretty much the same thing. Or what I call the evilness of the human body! Seriously, if you don't want to be pregnant you think you are getting your period, if you do want to be pregnant or are and want to stay that way you end up thinking that you are getting your period or miscarrying.

So just because I can, I did another blood test and a progesterone level (bonus again of working at a fertility clinic with an in house lab and an accommodating staff!) and everything looks great. All my levels are just where they should be. This is a huge relief although again I still have trouble believing that I am pregnant. Maybe because I have been waiting and planning for this for a long time, we both have, but I think Taylor would be the first to agree that I have always been really passionate about wanting to be pregnant.

Since the numbers seem to indicate that I really am going to have a baby I called to set up some interviews for a health care provider. Taylor and I decided awhile ago that we want to birth with a midwife. As long as this is considered a low risk pregnancy I do not want to be in the hospital and Taylor has not been comfortable with a home birth so our compromise has been a freestanding birth center not associated with a hospital. I strongly believe in the midwifery model of care and think that it best fits who we are and how we want to perceive this pregnancy and birth. Plus, I am biased as I worked at
Birthingway College of Midwifery for a brief time and know the fabulousness of the staff, faculty, and students there. We are considering Alma Midwifery Service and Andaluz Waterbirth Center and will be meeting with midwives from both next week and the following week. I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Congratulations Megan and Taylor! We look forward to seeing you (maybe as a belly model this fall?) grow into parents :-)I really enjoyed your blog.

Blessings and peace, Nichole Reding @
Birthingway